Hafsa Quran Society
“Recite and rise up, and be increased in reward with every Ayah.”
The mission of the Sayyida Hafsa Quran Society is to inspire and facilitate the written, recitation and memorization of the entire Holy Quran by Black Muslim women.
Our goal is to create a supportive community of like-minded women who work together in peer-to-peer cohorts and virtual gatherings, implementing a regimented program that guides, motivates, and enables them to complete the recitation and/or memorization of the Quran with proper tajwid within a five years period. HQS is program under the non-profit organization Measured Tones Institute of Quran.
At Hafsa Quran Society, we offer the following services to equip female students with the tools to recite the Noble Qur’an in Arabic with fluency, rhythm, and application of basic tajweed rules in the Hafs readying style.
Our Founders and Instructors
The Sayyida Hafsa Quran Society was founded in 2020 by Zahira Rahim, Majidah Owuo Hagood, and, Hafidha Amatullah Saafir.
Our current Quran instructors are:
- Ustadha Kiashe Pugh – Applied Tafsir
- Ustadha Joi Faison Saleem – Juz Amma Taddabbur
- Hafidha Jameela Rahmani – Tahfiz only
- Ustadha Swiyya Haqq – IntroTajwid
- Ustadha Majidah Owuo Hagood – Tilawa/Tahfiz
- Ustadha Halima Afi – Tilawa/Tahfiz
- Guest Lecturers: Ustadha Khawla Benslim, Sister Rana Chawla, LMFT, and Hafidha Nusaibah Coleman. Duas for your and our acceptance with sincerity.